Ah, Michigan. There is so much to explore in this great state. From its stunning lakes to its charming towns, there is something for everyone. And if you are looking to plan a trip to Michigan in 2023, you’re in luck!
Here are 10 of the best places to visit in Michigan in 2023, in no particular order.
- Mackinac Island: A vacation to Michigan wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Mackinac Island. Known for its historic sites and stunning scenery, Mackinac Island is sure to make a lasting impression. Visitors can take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the island, visit Fort Mackinac or simply take in the breathtaking views from the top of the island’s many hills.
- Detroit: Home to the Detroit Red Wings and the Motown Museum, Detroit is an exciting city to explore. From the city’s vibrant art scene to its renowned sports teams, Detroit can suit any interest. Visitors can also explore the city’s many historical sites, such as the Detroit Institute of Arts and the Fox Theatre.
- Traverse City: Traverse City is a city full of adventure and beauty. With its picturesque beaches and rolling hills, Traverse City is the perfect destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Visitors can stop at the Sleeping Bear Dunes, take a wine tour or simply relax and take in the stunning views.
- Ann Arbor: Home to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is a vibrant city with plenty to do. Visitors can explore the city’s many art galleries, restaurants and shops, or take a stroll down Main Street. Ann Arbor is also home to a variety of festivals throughout the year, including the Ann Arbor Summer Festival and the Ann Arbor Folk Festival.
- Lansing: Lansing is the state capital of Michigan and home to a variety of attractions. The Michigan State Capitol Building, Michigan Historical Museum and Lansing Art Gallery are of interest and visitors can also meander on the city’s many parks and trails.
- Grand Rapids: Grand Rapids is a city full of adventure. From its many art galleries and museums to its lively nightlife, Grand Rapids is an exciting place to visit. Visitors can explore the city’s numerous parks and trails, or take a trip to the Grand Rapids Art Museum.
- Sault Ste. Marie: Sault Ste. Marie is a city with a rich history and plenty of outdoor activities. Visitors can explore the city’s many historical sites, such as the Soo Locks, or take a boat tour of the nearby St. Marys River. Outdoor enthusiasts can also take advantage of the city’s many trails and parks.
- Dearborn: Home to the Henry Ford Museum and the Ford Rouge Factory Tour, Dearborn is a great place to traverse. Visitors can discover the city’s many art galleries and museums, or take a stroll down one of the city’s many historic streets.
- Frankenmuth: Frankenmuth is an adorable Bavarian-style town full of charm and history. The city’s many attractions include the Bavarian Belle Riverboat and the Frankenmuth Historical Museum.
- Kalamazoo: Kalamazoo is a vibrant city full of culture and adventure. Visitors can take in the city’s many art galleries and museums, or walk down one of the city’s many historic streets. Outdoor enthusiasts can also take advantage of the city’s numerous parks and trails.
This content was partially produced with the help of AI tools and was reviewed and published by Benzinga editors.
Photo: Alexander Lukatskiy via Shutterstock